Thursday, June 4, 2009

Feeling sorry for myself...

I've been feeling awfully sorry for myself the last few days... After having that terrible tummy bug a couple of weeks ago, then a cold for a week, I came down with a really bad flu (Not the Swine flu lol) Shivers and body aches, not to mention a terrible cough. Hubby and my eldest son Jay, have also been ill along with me, so it's been a very icky household lately! Thankfully after a few days spent in bed, I'm starting to perk up again.
Above is a picture of my daughter Breanna after a birthday party. The party was at a lovely little place called 'Dolled up' in Geelong which is like a mini salon. They get their hair, nails & make-up done, and get to make some pretty sparkly things while dressing up. What a brilliant idea! The girls all had a ball. Breanna just loves this blue hair peice...

I did manage to finish this quilt today though, it's been sitting for so long waiting to be quilted... I love the colors... I think I'll make a larger one using just 5" squares with the one outside border...
This one is a cot size, and it will be heading for my Oz Handmade store soon...


Yesterday I had some fun making these cute headbands...


And before getting sick I made some key rings with the hardware I told you about in the last post...


And some quilted doorstops... Who doesn't need a doorstop or two? I know I've got them scattered through my house... I've made a few different ones, also listed on Oz Handmade...


Well sorry for all my complaining... I kinda missed Sew Mama Sew's huge giveaway event. I managed to see about 3 different blogs, but I just wasn't up to sitting at the computer... Maybe it's time for a laptop...


Terri from Sew Fantastic, who is the host for our Kitchen Swap, and also my partner, received her parcel that I sent. I included a table runner, coasters, tea cosy, trivet, and a wine bag. She has just posted about her parcel, and said she loved it all - thankfully - sigh!


I hope you are all happy and healthy!


Best wishes,

Jenelle

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenelle,
I sure hope you are feeling better soon.
Your new goodies are just gorgeous.
Am off now to check our your Oz Handmade auctions.
~S~

Julie said...

Oh.. Jenelle
Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. BAD BUGs,,
I am still living in a mess.. (sigh~). Just dreaming every minutes that all the mess will be gone. (smile)so I can find you the ballerina.. Take good care of yourself..

x Julie
p.s: I love your quilt.. your princess is so adorable.

Celestina Marie said...

HI Jenelle,
So sorry to hear you have been sick. I so hope you and your family are better soon. Your daughter looks darling with the blue hair accessory. She is so pretty. I love your quilt, headbands, key rings, doorstops, WOW what awesome creations.
Hope you have a good weekend and feeling well again real soon.

Blessings, Celestina Marie

blushing rose said...

Darling daughter is cute as a button.

Jump up! It's a new day & sunshine is on the other side of gloom ...
Feel better soon.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} Feel better soon my friend. And blessings and prayers to you and yours for better health.

Your daughter is absolutely a cutie pie!!

Love your quilt.. but you know that from one quilter to another.

Robin said...

Big hugs to you! It sounds like you've been having a rough time of it lately. On the bright side-- it looks like you've been productive and have made some beautiful things!!!! I'm loving those headbands (and, of course, the gorgeous quilt!). And how cool is your daughter with that blue extension??? :)

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon. We've had the bug the last week at our house too. Love your new creations going to have a look now. Take care Carol

Tulip~Rose Quilt Shoppe said...

Hi...
I popped over from another blog and just had to comment on how BEAUTIFUL your quilt is! Very Pretty!
I have been lurking around and finally got around to starting my own blog, so thought I should drop in and say hi!
Hope you have a great day!
Glenda

Crazyquiltgirl said...

Hi!
You left a comment on my blog and so I thought I would check out your blog. And I am so glad I did. WOW, I love your handmade items. They are so beautiful!

the*pink*princess said...

Hi Jenelle,

hope you are feeling better today!!!! I have been sick as well with a migraine,so can sympathise!!
Your daughter looks very cute!!!
Love your quilt,you must have a lot of patience,i dont have any for long jobs like that one!!

Take care!

lesley : )

Sarah said...

I hope you are feeling a little better now!You have been very creative of late
x Sarah
www.patchworksplus.com.au